datta asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

Can walking fast for 1 to 2 hour daily reduce belly fat ?

How much kilometers walk is needed daily ? How many hours ? I am normal weight person. I just want to lose belly fat and get flat tummy. Is it possible in one month ?

• Satan

yes, totally possible. Keep for time instead of distance.

Go for hill walking rather than on the flat

Weight loss is mostly about our diet. I walk between 20 and 30 miles a week. I have very strong legs, but it hasn't made me lose weight unless i'm also on a weight loss plan. And i have been walking for almost 4 years.

A gal in my neighborhood power walks daily, she is one lean muscle machine.

• Zol

Yes. Well it can help.

But the best way to lose weight is by diet. This means eating less calories than you burn. The difference (ie if you burn more calories than you eat) is then taken from your body fat.

But be warned, losing weight is an extremely slow process. Especially if you're middle aged or older. And fat (in my experience anyway) comes off everything else first, & not from the belly until last! So just one month is probably too ambitious, maybe allow 3 months (or more).

Gaining weight happens in days! Losing it (if you're lucky enough to do so) takes for ever! And may not even happen. Sorry.

• lala

I think you will need to exercise