Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 6 months ago

How do I deal with jealous girls that want my boyfriend?

I’ve been in a relationship with my boyfriend for some time now, yet there are loads of girls that are considered his ‘friends’ that are taking things a bit too far. They ***** about me, have called me ugly etc and I don’t even know them. A couple of them keep inviting him to stay over and to ‘ditch me’ in their words. I’m fuming with them and just wish girls like that could just back off. I find it so immature. However my boyfriend hasn’t acted on any of these ‘requests’ that I know of which of course I love him for. Obviously there’s nothing I can do but continue to trust him but I struggle so much with these girls acting like this with him. He told me he never got this much attention when he was single. What’s their deal? What do these girls get out of this?? I’ve never even met them but they continue to say stuff to him about me. How do I deal with this??

• Angie
    Favorite Answer

You deal with it by doing absolutely nothing. When you react, you play right into their hands which is exactly what they want. In order for the situation to not escalate, somebody has to be the bigger person, so let that person continue to be yourself. If you trust your boyfriend & if he has given you no cause to doubt him, then there is no problem. Your relationship with your boyfriend is between you & him. The only way these other people can have a say or place in the relationship is if either you or him allow them that. As long as that is not happening, then these people are nothing. They don't exist. As far as them crossing the line with your boyfriend, again, that's between you & HIM, not these other people. Your boyfriend should be setting boundaries & demanding that others respect them. If he permits others to cross those boundaries, then perhaps he is not as invested in the relationship as you are. If that's the case, then you must decide if that's something you can tolerate.

Tell them you are friendzoned.

• Alan H

Why deal with it at all?

If your boyfriend is happy with you, it does not matter who else 'wants' him. You have got him.

Not sure why you think you have to "deal with" this.

• ?

You say your boyfirend hasn't acted on any of the 'requests' from his female admirers, BUT HE HASN't DISCOURAGED THEM EITHER.

It isn't for you to go fighting off these females. If your boyfriend really is that wonderful, he would make it very plain to these people that the 'HANDS OFF' sign is up, and that he's 'taken.' Has he done this??? No.

You need to talk to your boyfriend about this matter.

Best wishes.

• elle6 months agoReport

That’s true, not 100% sure how dismissive he’s been. think I’ve been so scared to lose him by overreacting. When I mention it he doesn’t say much or I feel like he looks at me like I’m crazy. Sometimes they call him and talk to him. Is it too far to say please don’t talk to them? Or is that too much