promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 9 months ago

Is it bad that I’m on WIC for my baby?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

No, it's never wrong to feed your child and if anyone has a problem tell them give

you money. If they can't then it's not their business how you feed your baby.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

All welfare is there to be a helping hand.

If you are using it as such and not a handout, that's the intention of the program.

WIC doesn't last forever, so what are you doing now so that you will be able to provide the support later?

• 9 months ago

We all do what we have to do to provide for our children. Programs like this exist specifically to help people such as yourself who have financial challenges while raising their children. It is likely that some day your income will rise to the point that you financially contribute to social programs such as WIC. It will then benefit another person who is in the position you are in now.

• LizB
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

It's not ideal, since ideally a couple is financially stable and prepared for a child when they choose to become parents, but life happens and social safety nets like WIC exist for a reason. I hope your family is able to get into a better situation soon, and that that you and your child stay healthy and safe in the meantime.

• ...Show all comments
    • LizB
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Learn how to type and communicate in complete sentences before attempting to insult other people's reading comprehension.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pippin
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

While in an ideal world, every woman should be financially stable and able to care for her children without outside help -- we do not, of course, live in an ideal world. If you need it to get the nutrition you and your baby need -- that's what it's for.

• helene
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Unless you cheated to get on it, no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.