Jerry asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

Does anyone else feels like everytime they set aside money an emergency happens that immediately clears out your savings ?

I never had any money to invest because everytime I set aside money, and emergency happens....this has been going on since childhood !

I won a cash prize as a kid and my glasses broke the next day.

Everytime my parents gave me money in university I had to spend it out because of flight delays (a hurricane always crosses my flight path, no matter which route I take)

Now that university is over, BOTH my parents have serious chronic illnesses that are expensive to deal with.

The year I graduated a natural disaster struck.

My latest bad luck ? After saving up my salary for 6 months straight...a problem in paperwork has caused me to go without salary for 5 months (each month they assure me that the problem is fixed).

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best Answer

You could look at it the other way around.

For example if your glasses broke and you didn't have the money to repair /replace them, this would be a far worse outcome.

Same with medical expenses for family: What if instead of having the money available, you had to take out high interest loans? The cost of that would make the situation far worse.

Therefore in a twisted way, the universe is looking out for you.

Of course regarding unpaid salary, provided they do come good on the monies owed, then you have a big payday coming up.

However I'd be looking very carefully into that situation. No company should be fobbing anyone off for 5-6 months. Perhaps start looking for another job and tee up a small claims court case or refer the matter to an industry ombudsman, before the company goes bankrupt.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

You need a shrink and heavy medication.

• Carson
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

That's life.

I just paid my car off. It was totalled two weeks ago by an idiot running a stop sign while texting.

My laundry washer broke.

My TV switches sources for fun.

That's my 3.

I hope I get a break now.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Same for me. Spent every dime I had on relatives' med expenses.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Yeah I can see tht

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.