Does anyone else feels like everytime they set aside money an emergency happens that immediately clears out your savings ?

I never had any money to invest because everytime I set aside money, and emergency happens....this has been going on since childhood ! I won a cash prize as a kid and my glasses broke the next day. Everytime my parents gave me money in university I had to spend it out because of flight delays (a hurricane always... show more I never had any money to invest because everytime I set aside money, and emergency happens....this has been going on since childhood !

I won a cash prize as a kid and my glasses broke the next day.

Everytime my parents gave me money in university I had to spend it out because of flight delays (a hurricane always crosses my flight path, no matter which route I take)

Now that university is over, BOTH my parents have serious chronic illnesses that are expensive to deal with.

The year I graduated a natural disaster struck.

My latest bad luck ? After saving up my salary for 6 months straight...a problem in paperwork has caused me to go without salary for 5 months (each month they assure me that the problem is fixed).