Why do people suck up to snarky moderators in community Facebook pages?

I am part of a Facebook page for my community. The page has about 2500 members. The moderator is disabled and moderates all day with a very snarky attitude in his replies. For example, "You really should consider speaking grammatically correct so that everyone can understand you. It is a fact of life.... show more I am part of a Facebook page for my community. The page has about 2500 members. The moderator is disabled and moderates all day with a very snarky attitude in his replies.
For example, "You really should consider speaking grammatically correct so that everyone can understand you. It is a fact of life. Otherwise, your services are not needed here. Thank you :-)"
Another response is, "Did you understand the topic at all? Read it again or leave."
Also, he tries to post various items from Amazon on the page for recommendations, but really it is in order for him to get a commission. Everyone says how wonderful the items are but he is only doing it to turn a profit. If you recommend an alternative, he deletes the comment or says it doesn t work as well and then states how he doesn t make a profit from it. (Even if you don t ask.)
Why do people respond how wonderful he is and how they would be so lost without his page which is marked unofficial for the community??