Chase asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 months ago

I’m 14 years old and I can’t stop eating should I be worried?

My mom says I’ll end up weighing 600 pounds but my moms a rhinoceros so I don’t know if I should listen to her

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Jahal
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Get a complete physical.

Have your doctor weigh in on this situation. Get some sound medical advice.

There could be a reason you're always eating. Maybe a nutritional deficiency.

Are you physically active? If not you should be.

• 5 months ago

At 14 you are growing still and need food , maybe a bit more than the regular person especially if you are a male. BUT. You never said whether you were already overweight or not. If you are, then you should be watching what you eat. If your mom has the genetics to get fat you likely do too. Eat fruits, veg and lean protein and do not eat until you are stuffed , just satiated. Following these tips I do not think you need to worry about getting fat.

• 5 months ago

You are going through a growth spurt

• 5 months ago

Hello fellow 14 year old with the same problem I myself have been facing, honestly I've been trying to eat less meals and more frequent smaller snacks as well as eating more during the beginning of the day and drinking tons of water and I'm already starting to notice a diffrence, I've also begun regular workouts (even yoga counts!) But never make this your top priority, make sure you continue schoolwork and family time!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

get a job at MacDonalds

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

i would just try not to gain weight so you dont have problerns later on in life

• 6 months ago

yes , you should have control on what you eat

• 6 months ago

sounds like she should know

• Carson
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

You have your mom genes.

Your term of endearment 'rhinoceros" makes me wonder if she's big.

Right now your age may be helping you.

That will not always be the case.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Put yourself on a strict diet. No more soda (drink water only), no more junk food, eat three meals a day and no more (unless its a handfull of nuts or a piece of fruit) No more ice creme, no more cakes or pies or any desert for that matter. No more candy

Get active, do stuff like sports, long walks, jogging, biking, swimming, etc

This is what normal people do to keep slim and fit/

• 5 months agoReport

Normal people? Only slim people are normal??
      Js, though, she does not have to cut out all junk food,
      just as long as she is exercising and not eating ONLY junk.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.