I’ve been babysitting my friends baby and she has been paying me, a friend pointed out that I should be a childminder?

I’m not interested in being a childminder, I am doing it to help out a friend and she pays me cash in hand. Is this illegal as I’m panicking now and could I go to prison? I wouldn’t have done it if I thought it was I work 3 days a week and have her son 1 day a week for extra money. She prefers to pay me cash in hand and that suits me

11 Answers

Relevance
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

it is between you and the child's mother, nobody else's business.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

You are fine, this is a non-issue.

• Sharon
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

there is a legal maxim called de minimus, basically if it is too small to bother with, don't bother. You seem to fit this perfectly

• `
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Not enough information. What country are you talking about?

• Jenny
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

USA Einstein...it's an AMERICAN site. There's Yahoo Clever in Germany and various similar all over the world. Stop being such a twit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Your friend is being silly. You are doing a friend a favour, the taxman is not interested in your cash one day a week.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Don't over think this. You're just helping a friend.

• Alan
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Never trust so-called friends with confidence. If she reports you then she is no friend of yours!

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I suppose it depends on whether or not she will involve it when she does her taxes. If you're in the U.S. that is. I'm not sure how that works elsewhere.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You sick freak STOP IT BOBBY JOE

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You can work a certain amount of hours before paying tax. Check with Inland Revenue. Don't end up like me getting a tax bill for £2,000, although I did get it all back 18 months later. Best to be on the right side.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.