Can I hit a girl?

Hello im a 22 year old male and there is this girl who is around 19. She thinks she can just get away with punching people and hitting people and getting away with it just because she is a girl. Last night she hit me in the side.. I warned her i dont care what gander she is.. if she lays hands on anybody she can... show more Hello im a 22 year old male and there is this girl who is around 19. She thinks she can just get away with punching people and hitting people and getting away with it just because she is a girl.

Last night she hit me in the side.. I warned her i dont care what gander she is.. if she lays hands on anybody she can expect a punch back.

I punched her on the nose and she fell to the ground with a nose bleed and screamed that I couldnt hit her because she was female.... Everybody who was around started laughing at her saying " If a woman can hit a man a man can hit a woman"

personally I dont care about gender.. no matter who you are if you hurt someone you can expect something back and all my friends and family agree.

the girls family keep saying im going to go to prison for hitting her even though there was over 20 witnesses and they all said I had every right to punch her.

what do you think i should have done? I dont feel bad for it... if woman want equal rights then why do they complain about it when they get hurt?