True or False: Being older means you know more about things?

Favorite Answer

True, but it is not a guarantee. Most people do learn during their lifetimes.

that its false as hell.

• rick

True. Maturity excels!

This is tricky because with respect to the individual, it is true up to a point that they know more things since they are continuously learning. At the same time we are forgetful and that forgetfulness often gets worse with age. If you only know as much as you can remember then you don't necessarily know as much as when you were younger. I certainly don't remember much about my advanced math classes but at the same time, when I had to help my girls with advanced math, it came back really quick because I had already gone through the work of understanding it in the first place.

To a certain extent. There's nothing like the experience of traveling to foreign countries - it's much better than reading about them. However, you can visit and even live in places like Brazil or Ghana and still be a racist redneck. This is more about a refusal to learn than about age.

I've always been incompetent when it comes to mechanical things, but I've become more skilled over time with computers. However, your average 18 year old is probably more computer savvy than me. It all depends.

True. AND False. It all depends on the person. I've met a lot of seriously stupid old people.

• Gert

Hopefully an older person soaked a lot of knowledge over the years.

• Cogito

That is often the case but certainly not always.

Many people learn throughout their lives, are intelligent, read, experience many things and retain information and knowledge.

Some people manage to go through life learning very little, not retaining information and gaining very little knowledge about anything.

can do ,but that's only in comparison with your younger self. If you were younger dolt you may only become a slightly more knowing dolt with time.