which engineering stream to choose?

I have completed my 12th and was looking to do engineering but confused as to what branch to choose. I really have a knack for mechanics but I have heard placements are very hard to find.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Every year the openings in every field shift. You cannot predict which field will be open in 4-5 years.

Take a Vocational Aptitude Test like the ASVAB free, online and find your strongest field. Get your degree in your strongest field. This will give you your most rewarding career. You can shift sideways after you get any degree. It is easier to slide sideways than to get the degree in any engineering field. This is what I did and it paid off very well.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

SEEMS JOB AND MONEY ARE THE MOST WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, SO PICK THE ONE HAS MORE CHANCE TO GET A JOB IN YOUR AREA AFTER 4 YEARS OF STUDY.

• 7 months ago

It has been my experience that mechanicals are popular because they are the closest to being a general engineer. They can do a lot more than the classical mechanics that most people think a mechanical engineer does.

• Dixon
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

My advice would be to stick with what you are good at and what you enjoy. Normal people still do mechanical engineering, it's not like you are trying to become a concert pianist, or an astronaut.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.