What should I do?

My EX contacted me. We have a child together I never meet him. I had a DNA done and pay my child support every month. My wife doesn’t want me to have anything to do with the child because I did have the child with my mistress who turned our lives into a living hell when she found out she was pregnant. Now the child... show more My EX contacted me. We have a child together I never meet him. I had a DNA done and pay my child support every month. My wife doesn’t want me to have anything to do with the child because I did have the child with my mistress who turned our lives into a living hell when she found out she was pregnant. Now the child is 2 she wrote me a letter. She wants help getting a vehicle. I pay 220 a month in support yes I can give her car but what for she should be better at managing her money then to thinking I am going to help just because I got her pregnant by a mistake! I am thinking I should help so the child don’t think so bad of me as he gets older. I know this will cause problems with my wife. What do you people think?
Update: She reached out to me and my wife and my wife basically said no way! That she is waiting for the lawyer to draw up papers for me to sign over my parental rights to her. Hopefully this will be the last I hear from her or about the child after we do the court Proceedings.