How much miles will a 49cc moped scooter last?

Google said at best 30,000 mi

• ALBERT

When well broken in, not abused (pushed to the limit all the time), well maintained there is no telling. I had a 49 cc Peugeot a real work horse. I rode it once 17hours almost non stop. Who knows?

• don r

Ride it and see. Your mileage may vary, depending how you maintain it.

• In

A moped and a scooter are not the same thing. A moped has pedals and an engine not exceeding 50cc. A scooter has no pedals and generally has an engine between 150-250cc. A moped is usually not required to be licensed or insured, while a scooter is required to be licensed and insured just like a motorcycle. A 49cc 2 stroke engine might last 25,000 miles if it is properly maintained.

I can't say as I upped the bike size fairly quickly. I can see it going 30,000 miles.

Mind you I went to 175cc 2stroke, then 250cc 2stroke, then 400cc 4stroke then 500cc 2stroke, then 750cc 2stroke, then 750 4 stroke. Then was finished riding motorcycle. Have no interest anymore. It was a phase of 15 years of riding.

Entirely depends on how well you take care of it. Oil changes and joint greasing are paramount.

Really depends on make, how you ride, where you ride, and how well it is maintained.

• Tim D

Bet I can break it before then.

• Jay P

Depends on who makes it as well how well the moped is driven and maintained throughout its history.

• Dimo

A Vespa 50, given regular servicing, will run over 100,000 miles before rebuilding.

If Google said so.....