How much miles will a 49cc moped scooter last?

Google said at best 30,000 mi

15 Answers

Relevance
  • ALBERT
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

When well broken in, not abused (pushed to the limit all the time), well maintained there is no telling. I had a 49 cc Peugeot a real work horse. I rode it once 17hours almost non stop. Who knows?

• don r
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Ride it and see. Your mileage may vary, depending how you maintain it.

• In
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

A moped and a scooter are not the same thing. A moped has pedals and an engine not exceeding 50cc. A scooter has no pedals and generally has an engine between 150-250cc. A moped is usually not required to be licensed or insured, while a scooter is required to be licensed and insured just like a motorcycle. A 49cc 2 stroke engine might last 25,000 miles if it is properly maintained.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I can't say as I upped the bike size fairly quickly. I can see it going 30,000 miles.

Mind you I went to 175cc 2stroke, then 250cc 2stroke, then 400cc 4stroke then 500cc 2stroke, then 750cc 2stroke, then 750 4 stroke. Then was finished riding motorcycle. Have no interest anymore. It was a phase of 15 years of riding.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Entirely depends on how well you take care of it. Oil changes and joint greasing are paramount.

• 5 months ago

Really depends on make, how you ride, where you ride, and how well it is maintained.

• Tim D
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Bet I can break it before then.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Depends on who makes it as well how well the moped is driven and maintained throughout its history.

• Dimo
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

A Vespa 50, given regular servicing, will run over 100,000 miles before rebuilding.

• 5 months ago

If Google said so.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.