Question for parents that are against spanking?

If you lived about 500 years ago instead of now then would you spank then? Reason I'm asking is that in modern times I believe there is zero excuse for spanking a child. Today you can take away their phone, video games or toys. But that wasn't an option in the olden days. Plus children being naughty in the... show more If you lived about 500 years ago instead of now then would you spank then? Reason I'm asking is that in modern times I believe there is zero excuse for spanking a child. Today you can take away their phone, video games or toys. But that wasn't an option in the olden days. Plus children being naughty in the olden days could get them killed. So I believe 500 years ago parents had an excuse that they don't have now.

So yes I would spank if I was born 500 years earlier. But in modern times there are far better ways to discipline without spanking. I prefer it this way because violence is wrong.