I may be eligible for British citizenship through a complicated route. But my current country of citizenship does not allow dual Citizenship?

My question is, if I am indeed confirmed as being possible eligible for British Citizenship, could I be refused British Citizenship on the grounds that my current country of citizenship does not allow DUAL CITIZENSHIP? Or does the British government NOT CARE about other countries not allowing dual citizenship? and... show more My question is, if I am indeed confirmed as being possible eligible for British Citizenship, could I be refused British Citizenship on the grounds that my current country of citizenship does not allow DUAL CITIZENSHIP?

Or does the British government NOT CARE about other countries not allowing dual citizenship? and will they grant me BRITISH CITIZENSHIP(If it turns out I am eligible for British Citizenship) despite the fact my current country of origin does not allow dual citizenship?

Yes if I am eligible for British Citizenship, I do not want to get rid of my current citizenship, even though my country of origin does not allow dual citizenship.
9 answers 9