Why does the weather change every year?

It's astonishing that I can't seem to find the answer to this very basic question. I know about currents of warm and cold air and about air pressure. I know the basic factors that influence these: time of year (and thereore the angle of sun radiation), distance from sea, altitude. But these factors REMAIN... show more It's astonishing that I can't seem to find the answer to this very basic question. I know about currents of warm and cold air and about air pressure. I know the basic factors that influence these: time of year (and thereore the angle of sun radiation), distance from sea, altitude. But these factors REMAIN THE SAME every year. Even more fickle factors such as man-made emissions remain pretty stable, unless we're talking about decades and centuries.

So: why is today, June 25, 2019, scorching hot and dry, while June 25 of last year was wintery and wet?