Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

My friend asked me if people would care if she cut. Does that mean she's cutting?

So I have this friend who claims that she is depressed and even if her mum yells at her that somehow makes her think suicidal thoughts. She also says she has self harm thoughts but also says never self harms. And then one day when we were talking she asked me if people would care if she cut. So i asked her if she was cutting but she no.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • justin
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

can u send her this? I care. im sorry... God is testing you to care. to want the best for everyones soul love god and love good peopel when its hard. If I cna help send me a mesage my kik is gerberstuffbabies my email camaro33125cody@gmail.com or usa my text now number is 717 516 0310. Depresion is a disease and u must fight back. I've been thru this, know many friends who are working thru it with my help. u must see thru this illusion . If I didn't care I wouldnt bother replying . Therfore I do care . Therfore i want u to reply. For me accepting that god loves me and wants the best for me and pushing away/blocking negative thoughts and feelings helps alot. Create a rubber band like forcefield within the center of ur mind and use it to push slowly but forcefully all the negativity out of ur mind. Pull urself within this rubber band force field and use it to create some space inside that u can have hope and faith that god will make right all wrongs if u can. Another trick is to put things in perspective. To see the world and ur life as a short temporary schooling for ur soul where u whould try to learn what u cna when u are here cause afterwards is an eternity of perfect bliss and good things. if u cna do it right it often will make u feel ur negativity melt away. All pain and suffering will be reimbursed he told me and it will not be a 1 to 1 ratio but 100 to 1. some pain types differ like oppression which is even more so. So do not allow the sadness to win.

• 5 months ago

No, it just means she wants someone to care. The warning signs she's sending up say, 'pay attention to me,' especially her mom. Her getting suicidal and depressed when her mom yells at her is her defense mechanism for sympathy. Be there for her, try to include her in plans with your friends but don't let her bring you down into her depression with her.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Not necessarily, but it’s a warning sign that she could start. Let her know that you DO care about her, and encourage her to see a therapist or counselor for her depression.

And if you ever feel like she’s at risk of suicide - tell an adult immediately (whether it’s a school counselor, your parents, her parents, or any trusted adult).

• 5 months ago

I think you should let an adult you trust know of this situation. Your friend is showing warning signs-- don't take her words as merely a claim. Show her that there are real repercussions for saying those sorts of things. If she was being truthful, then she'll get the help she needs. It's better to be safe than sorry-- others have ignored the signs in the past, and were too late. Don't be like them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

It definitely means that she has thought about it, I'm not positive that she actually has done that yet, but she has thought about it, and maybe will do it, but you really do not know if she has done it yet. So don't make any assumptions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.