Changing heating element in oven?

I was just wanted to check which wires go to the right place, I took old element off but should of taken a picture really!

I have an idea because of which way wires are coming out of the back of the oven and the middle one (earth) has the earth symbol on element.

The symbol on the left is just a diamond shape, on the right is a triangle with VDE written inside it?

• elhigh

A simple resistance heating element with only two connections doesn't need the wires hooked up specifically one way or the other. It works the same either way.

The two conductors, live and negative, can be connected to either spade terminal. The earth has to connect to the body of the element of course.

Take out the element and pit the new part in....

• matthew h6 months agoReport

Yes I know this but someone else took the old one out, I wanted to double check the wires went onto the right terminals, I know earth goes into the middle as it has a symbol just not sure about the live wire etc