t asked in HealthMen's Health · 6 months ago

How do I shave? (read details)?

This is going to seem strange but razors can not shave me. I've tried regular razors, electric razors even high quality regular and electric razors (specifically Gillette). I have tried shaving with these in all directions and the most any of them have done is remove a little bit of skin (thus yanking out the hair) I've tried beard softeners, even peroxide. does anyone know anything else that might work? Yes I've talked to my parents they don't know either. if it helps my skin is pretty easy to cut and bruise.

I didn't think to mention this (thank you balan) i already talked with my local salon they don't know either.

• ron h

Salon? Like beauty salon? Try a barber shop. Ask to have a BARBER shave you. Use the word BARBER--they are trained to shave. Beauticians can cut hair, but they're not trained to shave. Shaving not that hard. Shower and leave your face as wet as you can, Wet it again, then put shaving foam or gel on your face and start shaving with a wet blade, keep rinsing the stubble out and keep shaving. If you're using a blade, you've got to wet your face before putting in shaving foam and keep the blade rinsed. When I was 14, a blade lasted forever. But when I was 17, a cartridge blade was good for around 7 shaves. By 16 or 17, you (I) shouldn't go more than 3 days between shaves. 3 or 4 day beard is tough on blades and causes pulling.

Source(s): I loved shaving the first time I did it and still do unless I'm in a hurry.
  • edward

You’re doing something wrong

• balan

Once try with the local saloon and ask the barber his opinion .He may advise a better way as he has been doing the shaving work for ages.Regards.

• ron h

In America, a saloon is a tavern.