Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 6 months ago

I just went on birth control on Friday the 14th of this month (June) and I’be has brown discharge since.?

Hello so I got my period the 14th as well birth control the same day. I got the shot in my butt. Anyways that Friday and Saturday I had a normal period, but when Sunday came I started to get brown discharge instead. I thought it was normal at the time because I always use to have brown discharge for a day or two after my period, then it would go away. Now it’s different my brown discharge is still here and it’s been 10 days with it. I’m not sure what’s wrong with me, but can someone maybe help explain what this might be.

side effect of the birth control shot

Always read the side effects of Any Medication

What Are the Side Effects?

They can include:

Irregular menstrual periods, or no periods at all

Change in the menstrual cycle is the most common side effect. You may have irregular bleeding or spotting. After a year of use, about 50% of women will stop getting their periods. Their periods usually return when they no longer get the shots.

Headaches

Nervousness

Depression

Dizziness

Acne

Changes in appetite

Weight gain

Unwanted facial and body hair

Hair loss

Loss of bone mineral density