Mothers what would you do?

This is for a story, I wanted to ask real mothers to see if Leanne’s reaction is realistic and if she’s a bad mother. What would you do If you’re a journalist and you discover a mafia secret that you try to expose then before you’re able to the henchmen kidnap you and get you to call your ex to look after the kids... show more This is for a story, I wanted to ask real mothers to see if Leanne’s reaction is realistic and if she’s a bad mother.

What would you do If you’re a journalist and you discover a mafia secret that you try to expose then before you’re able to the henchmen kidnap you and get you to call your ex to look after the kids from now on and quit your job otherwise your children will have a fatal accident in school. You’re then made to become a servant for the boss and she lets you see your kids but if you try to run they’ll be killed.
Would you become a servant to keep your kids safe or would you try to do something else?
Thanks
X