Does an indoor outdoor mostly feral cat go away to die?

I cannot remember how long I have had this cat. 8-10 years. She had 4 kittens, 2 died, 2 are still with me. They come in at night during the winter and mostly stay out during good weather but they all come around for food. Well, the mama cat has been going for about 2 days now and that has not happened in some... show more I cannot remember how long I have had this cat. 8-10 years. She had 4 kittens, 2 died, 2 are still with me. They come in at night during the winter and mostly stay out during good weather but they all come around for food. Well, the mama cat has been going for about 2 days now and that has not happened in some time.

It did happen a few months ago but for some reason, I have a bad feeling this time. But her grown kids are not acting like they know anything.

I don't think there are a ton of predators in the area. So I would be very surprised if something got her.
Update: Good news. She is back and seems fine after being missing for 3+ days.