Why would someone ask something on Yahoo Answers instead of just searching it on Google?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

In my experience, 90% of the time it's because they're lazy. 8% of the time it's because they're asking for an opinion or trolling. And 1% of the time it's because they have no idea how to word what they're searching for in the first place, hence they'll post a picture or try to describe it in detail.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

they want attention

• 6 months ago

I was inspired to throw in my two bits worth after reading the 'best answer' to this question.

It says that 90% of time people ask questions on platforms such as Yahoo Answer is because they are lazy.

The time it takes to go through the process of asking a question on yahoo answers, for example, is considerably longer than just typing it in on a search engine. Then you have to read the answers and comments, many of which are quite useless anyway.

The primary reason I believe people ask or are on social media is to interact with other people. People are not really asking for answers. They want to sound out their minds. They want to say something and know that at least one other person will see it and interact with it.

I am fairly confident that very few people actually look for an answer to anything, They want to simply connect with others. For whatever reason, that might be.

• 6 months ago

i feel like yahoo answers has more personal opinions and more connection than google

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yeah, that would be dumb but why would someone search in Google when there is Yahoo?

• 6 months ago

I want to know about their opinion.

• 6 months ago

Sometimes we want some attention and real time opinion for specific questions.

• 6 months ago

Because they're looking for answers to a specific question, rather than millions of hits that lead to related ... and in some case, not at all related ... opinions, sometimes by people who KNOW what they're looking for or have experienced very similar conditions.

• 6 months ago

Well they do it for lots of reasons

they might not be able to find the answer themselves

its something they cant search up at the time of them asking

etc

• 6 months ago

They want opinions or want to waste their time.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.