Do you think a landlord should have a continual bedbug extermination service if needed?

Favorite Answer

depends on state law, in some states, LL is responsible as it is usually in all units, by law they must continue to treat until the problem is gone

no, run over to the corner drug store and buy yourself $5.00 of "rid". it kills home-lice, bedbug, and dust mites. i use this stuff in my car, my business trucks, on the bottom of my bed mattress, and in my closets. never had a problem, as i use it sensibly.

Nope. That is an as needed treatment. Pest control comes to treat as any times as it takes to clear the infestation. Continued treatment is unnecessary.

• ?

Well, continual might be pushing it a bit. You cant ever completely stop bed mites from coming into an apartment. Unless you hermetically seal the place, they'll find a way in sooner or later. Its only really if an infestation gets out of control that the exterminators need to step in.

If you have a bad bedbug problem then it may be required to at least have the exterminators back many times. If these are apartments and the bedbugs are getting thru to walls or something then maybe its a good idea. I've never had need of the exterminators for more than a single trip so I wouldn't get a continual service.