How do you make a good youtube video cover with music not sound like it was just recorded on my phone?

I want to do covers of songs on youtube, but i dont want to juat play music and record myself singing with the music. I dont know how they do it, but good cover artists make the music apart of the video, instead of it sounding like youre recording video of an audio track and your singing. It s like the difference... show more I want to do covers of songs on youtube, but i dont want to juat play music and record myself singing with the music. I dont know how they do it, but good cover artists make the music apart of the video, instead of it sounding like youre recording video of an audio track and your singing. It s like the difference between a video of a live concert(which i can record like) vs. the song from apple/google music store(which i want to sound like)