Stress and smoking (quitting)?

So I tried to quit smoking the other week and found myself getting really nauseous at some parts of the day and strongly at night when trying to sleep, it would often keep me up until 7 and and 8am. So being weak I took up smoking again ( after only a week) and i don’t know if it’s the anxiety of going through it all again but I’m still finding it hard to sleep at night with the feeling of being sick and tightness around my throat. Even feeling weird in my stomach. It’s stressing me out man. What do I do?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Strengthen your motivation to stop smoking. A deep commitment to the process of quitting is the single most important characteristic of smokers who successfully quit. You can strengthen your motivation by considering how much better off you will be if you quit smoking. Consider:

You should get more joy out of life. When people stop smoking, their senses of taste and smell improve markedly, and they usually have more energy and an improved physical appearance.

Your health may improve. Quitting smoking has major and immediate health benefits.

You will boost your self-confidence.

Your family and friends will benefit. It has been proven that smoking hurts the health of those around you. Studies have shown that secondhand smoke causes thousands of deaths each year from lung cancer and heart disease.

Above all, you will please God. ( 2 Corinthians 7:1) www.jw.org

• 5 months ago

Google how to stop smoking. 100 websites on how to quit.

• 5 months ago

Nicorette CQ nicotine patches are something to try, if you're not into stopping cold turkey. They come in 3 steps to help you stop smoking gradually. You can buy them over-the-counter at a pharmacy. The med called Chanix is another option. It's prescribed by a doctor. It also helps you quit gradually too.

• 5 months ago

Give smoking a blank space

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

take a sedative while trying not to smoke

• 5 months ago

get one of those nicotine sprays, like nicorette

they are suppose to help with stuff like that

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

rnaybe you can buy sornething to help you quit srnoking

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.