Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 6 months ago

Can I wear casual clothes to my brother's wedding?

The wedding is in a week, in Louisiana. The heat there will be awful the day of and they're having an outside wedding. I'm thinking of wearing shorts and a tank top. with sneakers. I'm not an integral part to their wedding so I think they'll be fine. But is it normal to do so?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Even in Louisiana, that's crossing a line. Completely inappropriate. If you're a woman, you can get away with a cotton sleeveless dress. If you're a man, a cotton shirt with sleeves. Linen is also a good choice in the heat. Avoid synthetics.

• Lita
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Do not dress casually for a wedding without checking with your brother about the dress code.

• 6 months ago

Of course you can - but there may be consequences if people consider your garb at all disrespectful. You may feel uncomfortable if everyone else is more formal.

• Athena
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Dress up nice fella or don;t go at all.

Respect.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Generally what you describe is much too casual. Even a beach wedding would be a bit more formal than that.

• 6 months ago

Are you a boy or a girl? This is one scenario when it matters.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

That's a bit too casual.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, that's pretty tacky.

You may not be in the wedding party, but you may still be in some of the pictures. It's common for a wedding for the bride/groom to take pictures with their immediate family.

You can probably get away with some khaki style pants and a polo shirt as casual if you can/won't wear a button down shirt and tie. This though is assuming you're male.

• GB
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

It sounds too casual to me, but you could check with your brother.

• 6 months ago

You need a button up shirt with collar, khakis and casual shoes

• Jerry
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

I suspect that the asker considers any leather shoes to be "dress" shoes. Pity.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.