Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 6 months ago

If my friend goes to the police and says I hit her on the arm (once), would they come an arrest me? Please check back 4 follow up questions?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

If she doen't claim MORE than that, they won't even file the statement.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

There is no way to know. Sometimes, yes. Other times, no.

• Angie
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Each agency/jurisdiction responds to complaints differently. It's difficult to give a precise answer, as there are multiple factors involved. 1. Your friend says you hit her. She makes an official report. The police will contact you to get your side of the story. You deny hitting her & there is no evidence to support her claim such as bruising, redness, witnesses, etc. You both have conflicting stories. You would likely both be issued citations to appear before the judge, meaning no arrests are made, as the officer is unable to determine who is telling the truth. So basically, you go & tell it to the judge. Usually in those cases, the judge tells you both to grow up & stay away from one another. 2. If there IS evidence to support her claim, at that point, it is pretty much officer discretion. He can either charge you or issue a citation to appear. If the injuries are consistent with what she says you did, you are more likely to be arrested & charged with misdemeanor battery.

• 6 months ago

Depends on rather they think they can make a case or not.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Unfortunately, they would. Anyone could file a complaint against someone. They could even file a felony complaint against you. You’d be put in jail and, if it were a lie, they’d only be charged with a misdemeanor (even if you were arrested for a felony). A sad part about the judicial process. It’s designed to jail people and pay law enforcement opposed to educate people and efficiently eliminate some unnecessary jobs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.