Could you date someone with illogical beliefs?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 6 years and since then his ideas have gone off the deep end. I don’t mean to offend anyone who has these beliefs. But he spends most of his time ‘researching’ which is watching YouTube. I won’t get into religion. But he really believes the earth is flat, chem trails,... show more My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 6 years and since then his ideas have gone off the deep end. I don’t mean to offend anyone who has these beliefs. But he spends most of his time ‘researching’ which is watching YouTube. I won’t get into religion. But he really believes the earth is flat, chem trails, 9/11 was a halo gram, vaccines are killing people. All he keeps telling me that I’m like everyone else and I told him I’m concerned what will happen when we have children. He won’t even vaccinate his cat. Lastly he wants us to be together forever, but there are times he gets so frustrated with my ideas or behavior that he tells me he’s had enough and breaking up with me. I tell him wouldn’t he rather be with a girl who thinks just like him and his response is ‘you’ll change with time.’ He doesn’t respect my beliefs or opinions and usually he tells me I don’t know anything. We both love each other. We have a lot of laughs when we aren’t talking about this nonsense.
5 answers 5