Buy a car or go on nice vacation?

First off, please don't answer, "Do what you want to do." If I could make a choice I wouldn't be on here. I'm 25 and don't own a car. I've gone to NY the last couple years for vacation but want to go oversees, maybe England next year. I've saved up some money and could use it to... show more First off, please don't answer, "Do what you want to do." If I could make a choice I wouldn't be on here. I'm 25 and don't own a car. I've gone to NY the last couple years for vacation but want to go oversees, maybe England next year. I've saved up some money and could use it to put a down payment on a new car, or to go on the vacation I want. A new car would be nice and make life a little easier and is a long-term investment, but I have gotten by fine via public transportation. The car is probably the "responsible" thing to buy, however I love to travel and want to do so while I'm young and solo. I would probably be happy with either, and can't make up my mind. Looking for thoughts or what you would do.
21 answers 21