Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 6 months ago

I turn 18 in October 2020. My dad said if I don't vote for Trump he'll kick me out. Is that legal?

I hate Trump and I don't want to vote for him. Can my dad make me?

Favorite Answer

so tell your dad that you love President Trump and that you're going to vote for him go into the voting booth and vote for whoever you darn well please and then come out and pretend like Trump is great and that you voted for him. Your dad's not permitted in the voting booth with you learn to lie a little bit

Your vote is private, so it's none of his business to who you voted for

• Desire

He has every right to kick your lazy *** out for any reason.

• Daisy

Your vote is private. You can vote for whomever you want. Your dad is not allowed in the voting booth with you. Now, if you vote absentee and your ballot arrives at your home, your dad may have access to see how you voted. I recommend you tell your dad, since this is the first time you re voting in a national election, you want to go to your polling place, present your ID, sign the voting book and vote in a booth - the old fashioned way. This way, you can vote in private and dear old dad can t see how you voted. Then, you can vote for any candidate you want.

• James

Kicking you out at 18 is not illegal. No your dad can’t make you vote for anyone you don’t want to.

He can't find out how you voted. Vote for whomever you want. Just don't tell your dad.

• Tmess2

Your dad can probably determine if you voted. In most states, the list of who voted is a public record.

However, in every state, your actual vote is a secret, and there is no way to connect a particular ballot with the voter who cast it. In many states, it is illegal to take a picture of your ballot or to place any identifiable mark that would connect it to a particular person. As such, you are free to tell your father whatever you want about whom you voted for.

Isn't 18 a bit old to be learning how to lie? It's a secret ballot kid, you can vote for Zebo the Dwarf Giant and still tell daddy you voted for the orange monkey. He's not going to know any better.