Lv 6
. asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 5 months ago

Can you recommend some amazing pirate novels?

Written in modern times but set or based in the Golden Age of Piracy (16th to 18th-19th century), and for an adult audience. Can be of historical fiction or historical fantasy.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • chorle
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best Answer

Bloody Jack, fully titled Bloody Jack: Being An Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary “Jacky” Faber, Ship's Boy is a historical novel by L.A. Meyer starts a fun series.

• 5 months ago

"the sea wolf" is not technically a "pirate" story like "treasure island". but more so then, "captain courageous".

• 5 months ago

Did you read Pirates of the Caribbean

• Zac Z
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Check out "On Stranger Tides" by Tim Powers. It served as the inspiration for the Pirates of the Caribbean movie of the same name but the movie diverged quite much from the source material. And, of course, since it was written in 1987 as a stand-alone novel it can be read independent from that movie.

There's also "Pirate Latitudes" by Michael Crichton; haven't read it yet but it's been picked up by Steven Spielberg for an adaptation so I guess it can't be complete crap.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

yes i can recommend some amazing pirate novels

• humpty
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson is often considered a young person's book, but was written for and is enjoyed by adults. It remains the best book on piracy for pure entertainment value.

Raphael Sabatini wrote "Captain Blood," which is a much better book than movie, and has a couple of sequels, as well as "The Black Swan," also about piracy. No doubt he wrote others as well.

Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Thank you! But I prefer modern ones from this decade preferably.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.