Am I too old to think about starting a business?

I will soon be 49 years old. I have been on SSI since 2006. I dont feel disabled, but because I have seizures, I am considered disabled. I have a dear friend who owns several businesses and helped her son to begin his very lucrative business. She has tasted my cooking, and believes that I could run a restaurant... show more I will soon be 49 years old. I have been on SSI since 2006. I dont feel disabled, but because I have seizures, I am considered disabled.
I have a dear friend who owns several businesses and helped her son to begin his very lucrative business. She has tasted my cooking, and believes that I could run a restaurant serving comfort country meals. Most of the restaurants in my area are fast food and pizza places. My friend is willing to partner with me and help me to launch this business, but I worry that I will let her down. I have dreamed of owning my own restaurant for many years, now that the opportunity is presented top me, I am scared. Am I too old? I have never run a business before, she is the one with the Master's degrees, I just know how to cook.
Update: I know that owning a business, means long hard hours, and no down time, especially in the first couple of years. I have worked in food service before, a diner, and a little corner in the wall place that was owned by a friend of mine about 15 years ago, I used to go to her restaurant and help her prep the food for... show more I know that owning a business, means long hard hours, and no down time, especially in the first couple of years. I have worked in food service before, a diner, and a little corner in the wall place that was owned by a friend of mine about 15 years ago, I used to go to her restaurant and help her prep the food for the day. I loved helping her and her sister..but they never made enough money to hire me.
Update 2: I want to thank all of you that gave me words of encouragement and advice. I brought my fears to my friend, and she was very encouraging. She and I are taking my seizures into consideration and planning ahead for them. It will take us a while to get this plan off the ground, but we are already casually looking for... show more I want to thank all of you that gave me words of encouragement and advice. I brought my fears to my friend, and she was very encouraging. She and I are taking my seizures into consideration and planning ahead for them. It will take us a while to get this plan off the ground, but we are already casually looking for space, and are looking at several places owned by the same gentlemen that my friend knows personally. She is planning on buying a building that is already set up for a restaurant