Is taking algebra one in freshman yr bad if i want to get into a top tier college? How can i catch up to my peers?

No. Just take more math classes

• Ben

No, it's not bad because students take classes at their own paces.

• drip

My daughter took algebra 1 in 8th grade. By end if senior years she had taken algebra 2, geometry, trigonometry, pre calculus, AP calculus and AP physics.

Talk to your HS counselor and see what can be done. Look into summer courses.

No. That's when most highschool students take algebra,1. I took it in 8th grade only because I was on the honor roll all 4 quarters of the 7thgrade. I took Algebra 2 in 10th grade. Because I changed to a different private school in 11th grade. I had NO MATH class that year, but I HAD to take calculus my senior year. That was the NORMAL senior math vlass, not an AP class. I HAD to have 3 years of math IN highschool. That was school policy. At the time I thought it was state policy, but it wasn't.

I had Cs in my math classes. I was admitted to college at Tulane early decision. Tulane thinks it is the Harvard of the South. That's Vanderbilt, IMO.

• Not

Look at yourself, what can I accomplish? Be realistic. That way you won't set yourself up to commit to a optimistic plan that will backfire after one semester.

Well, if you have extra spaces in your schedule, and if your school allows it, i'd recommend enrolling in 2 levels of math at once. I knew a guy who took Pre Calc and AP Calc in his senior year, so that might be an option.