Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelOther - Destinations · 7 months ago

How’s it like traveling alone?

I have never travelled anywhere in my life. Its not that i dont have the money its just that i dont have anyone to travel with. My friend’s are always busy or just aren’t interested. A lot of people tell me to travel alone but the idea seems a bit strange. What will i do? Where will i go? How fun can it possibly be to go somewhere you have never been alone? Any suggestions?

I traveled around the world alone when I was 24. Europe first, then the Middle East, Asia and finally Hawaii. The worst part of the trip was when all my belonging were stolen out of a rented car in Hawaii. Sucks to be in America sometimes.

I've often traveled, and virtually always alone. It's okay. You can go where you want to, and move around at your own pace.

It is said to have a first aid kit, and to scan you documents like passport page and email it to yourself. I've never done these, and never needed to.

But, a solo traveler can be an easier target for robbers. Luckily that has never happened to me. Hotels, and other accommodation places, invariably don't cater for solo travelers. So, the rooms will be for at least two people, and one person would have to pay extra, a single supplement.

A solo traveler can feel out of place, if at a place where everyone else is with others. One also doesn't have anyone else to share the travels, experiences with.

Just be careful.

Seeing you're not confident or experienced, book yourself through a travel agent onto a tour with people of roughly your age. See how you enjoy it. Next time branch out a little by yourself.

Nobody is suggesting you set off round the world by yourself straight away. Put in a few miles in a part of the country where you know your way around first.

• james

It can after time get lonely. I just did Cambodia, Thailand, & am now in the Philippines. So you need stay busy in travel. Have something to do most days. So plan it all on what you like & want to see & do.

LONELY obviously.

So is sitting at home looking out the window.

No need to have your first adventure half way around the world for a month or two. Start small. The next town , the next city for a weekend adventure. Maybe your team is playing a game you attend on your weekend.

The local festival or special event. You are not moving in. Just a day or two of doing something different. Looking at the view from the other side of the river or lake.

Some are content not to leave their little space on the planet. If that is you so be it. Remember you can also never comment on the good and bad of other places as you only know them from pictures.

Some have no desire to walk along small town main street. Some just want the big city stuff. You have a few years on the planet.

You can decide to see just the places near you or explore a bit to see what is out there.

You could go with a group. You are not glued together the entire time.Your travel place to place is looked after your sleeping place and some meals.

A few places of interest to explore. The rest of the time you do as you desire. Wander main street or just sit in your room and look out the window.

Only you know if you might like a bike ride along a river,a hike in some hills, or a day exploring some special interest of yours.

You may discover some nice place you return to again or some horrible place and never venture out ever again.

The main purpose of any adventure is just a change in your daily routine. A different cup for your coffee,a different way to have your sandwich a different view to look at.

If you are content doing nothing so be it. If you expect things to change they probably will not.You will never see everything. Go explore and you may then appreciate how well off you are in comparison to some other place. or maybe you discover a nicer to you situation you want to explore a little more next adventure.

Is it safe to assume when that new store opens in your town you do not go to it because you do not know exactly what might be inside?

The new movie is playing and of course you never go until after your friends go to tell you what it was about.

Never try the new menu item you might not like it. New restaurant. DO NOT GO IN you may not like the shape of the salt and pepper shakers.

Travelling solo is more fun than staring across the room solo. The view keeps changing.

https://www.contiki.com/ca/en/collections/solo-tra...

https://www.intrepidtravel.com/ca/about/solo-trave...

It just feels ghetto because my sister and I went to Miami last night and we couldn’t find the garbage can and girl all they kept saying was, way Donald trump and we was like he in Washington DC but then we went by the water to see if they had any fishes and this big girl wanted a white man so she said way Tod at because it was a beautiful night so when we had seen the Lamborghini we ain’t order McDonald’s.

My brother has done it a few times and he enjoys it. Last year he went to Thailand for a week while his gf went to see family. He’s also been to Berlin to do the marathon and I’m sure he’s been somewhere else on his own for work but I can’t remember where.

I’d recommend it. I’ve never been abroad on my own, I have only ever taken flights and then met up with people at my destination, but it’s something I could see myself doing in the future, definitely.

ive travelled alone, it can be even rnore fun cause you can do whatever you want

• A C

I did some and loved it. Take a bus trip with a tour group somewhere for starts. You will meet nice people on the bus.