I’ve been sleeping very abnormally lately, normal bed time at night and wake up time but then sleep for a lot during the day. Is this ok?

I’m 16 years old, male, and I usually get to sleep at around 12 AM, and wake up at like 10 or 11. Then I’ll do stuff for a little bit like chores or something then go back in bed and wake up at like 6 or 7 pm. Is this bad? This never happened until the beginning of summer after school ended.

This is a very frustrating problem for a lot of people, I am glad you are reaching out for some support.

Here are some tips to help with getting to sleep and a restless night.

•Cut screen time out for 2 hours prior to going to bed. Dimming the lights an hour before bed signals to your body that it is time slow down and get ready to sleep.

•Cut all caffeinated beverages and nicotine after lunch

•Power naps (15-20 minutes) are fine, but cut out the long naps; they interfere with your circadian rhythm. Do not sleep after 3 pm.

•Engage in quiet activities prior to bed such as reading, drawing, and writing, petting your cat or dog. Give yourself time to relax.

•Set a regular bedtime and awake time. Waking up at the same time everyday helps your body keep its circadian rhythm.

•Exercise regularly – the optimal time to exercise is late afternoon. Try to be done exercising at least 3 hours before bedtime.

•Make sure your room is dark and cool without other distractions. Use a fan or a noise machine if needed to block out noises. Store your electronics in another room or adjust the settings so they do not make any audible noises during the time when you should be sleeping.

•Think positive thoughts about sleep: “Tonight I will sleep well, I like to sleep. It will be nice to relax after a busy day.”

Check out the following 99 coping skills, which can help you to refocus her thoughts on positive things: http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/Discove... Good luck! KO, Counselor

Source(s): Boys Town National Hotline -- Available 24/7 at 1-800-448-3000 -- Teens and Young Adults; http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/

rnaybe you should go see your doctor to find out why youre so tired