Wavy-haired girl looking for a new shampoo. Help!?

For a few years I have tried the CG method and it just has not worked out for me. I have a lot of thick, low porosity, 2B wavy hair. The ends of my hair feel great but the top of my hair gets sticky and waxy no matter what I do. I think these highly moisturising products (and I know I need moisture) are jam packed... show more For a few years I have tried the CG method and it just has not worked out for me. I have a lot of thick, low porosity, 2B wavy hair. The ends of my hair feel great but the top of my hair gets sticky and waxy no matter what I do. I think these highly moisturising products (and I know I need moisture) are jam packed with proteins that are too much for my scalp. I have tried Deva Curl Original and Delight (along with their buildup buster and melt into moisture mask), Shea Moisture with cocunut, Lush products, and Garnier Fructis. These products have all given me more volume and tightened my waves, but it s been at the expense of my hair which doesn t FEEL great anymore. I m also aware that the hardness of the water where I live is a factor that needs to be accommodated for. I can go back to sulphates and silicones, I just don t want my hair feeling weird and weighed down.

TLDR: please give me recommendations for shampoo that gives softness for wavy hair
1 answer 1