Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 6 months ago

Do you think a boy would be picked on if his name was Avery?

This name is mostly used by girls now. It only sounds masculine to me though.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No, Avery was used as a boy name. And as of now, it’s still used as a boy name. Although girls use the name more. It’s also a surname.

• 5 months ago

Maybe it is a very feminine name now

• Apogee
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No. Avery is the French form of Alfred, it is masculine, sadly it was also a bnog, but that means BOYS names on girls, hopefully that silly fad is fading away and the boys can have their names back. The only Averys I know are guys...Morgans too for that matter.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Not at all, it's a nice choice

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

I would personally use Avery as a girls name.. however I know a teenager named Avery and about 3 younger boys named Avery and their name suits each of them very well! I feel as if it is still very much a unisex name and don’t think he would get made fun of :)

• 5 months ago

Depends where you live. In the UK it's very rare as a first name, I don't know any girls named Avery and it's pretty much just a surname. But if it's popular for girls where you live then I wouldn't use it (although I agree it's more masculine than feminine).

• blank
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I actually do know a few males by the name Avery and no females.

I agree that it is better as a Male name.

It may work

• Jill
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I doubt it. I think it's okay for either. It was originally a French surname meaning "ruling with elf-wisdom". Murphy Brown called her son Avery and there are plenty of famous Avery's that are men.

• 6 months ago

Avery is still fine for a boy; he won't necessarily be picked on for that

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The meaning of names changes over time. So right now while something may be more feminine in 8-10yrs from now it may be different. It's never wise to pick a name based on current trends.

• 6 months ago

No my best friends name is Avery who I've known since I was 6 (I'm 18 now) was never picked on for his name

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.