My 2016 Honda Civic Maintenance Minder goes on saying I need new oil after only 3k miles. Is this normal for a car that takes synthetic oil?

So I got a brand new 2016 Honda Civic from a while back ago that has a Maintenance Light that comes on every 3k miles saying I need to change the oil. Is this right? Or is something wrong? Because I only had the car for less then 3 years with only 16 miles on it and this would be the 4th time I believe I would need... show more So I got a brand new 2016 Honda Civic from a while back ago that has a Maintenance Light that comes on every 3k miles saying I need to change the oil. Is this right? Or is something wrong? Because I only had the car for less then 3 years with only 16 miles on it and this would be the 4th time I believe I would need to change the oil. I get the oil changed at the dealership too with the synthetic Honda Oil they use. So I can t understand why it would need oil changes this often? Is it possible something is wrong with the car? Because I thought you can get much further on synthetic oil then 3k miles