A-Bee asked in HealthOptical · 6 months ago

Going to the eye doctor makes me anxious?

I haven’t gone in a couple years and I really need to get a new prescription, my appointment is tomorrow but my anxiety is going wild. I’m worried about not being able to read anything on the eye chart or having the doctor complain about my failing vision. How do I feel more calm about this?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Not a big deal! If you need stronger glasses it isn't the end of the world!

• Bernd
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Doctors know that blurry vision is not your fault. Relax.

• 6 months ago

Some people can read eye charts more readily than others, because everyone's vision is different. It's just a damned chart.. go to your appointment

• Eva
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

The doctor is not going to "complain". He will simply re-evaluate your vision and draw up a new prescription. He may ask about how much screen time you have each day in order to determine the best prescription and also may recommend some exercises or a lessening of the amount of time you spend staring at a screen. There is no reason to be nervous.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Ask em if you can get lasic eye surgery.read about what's lasic.lasic is you dont ever need glasses again

• A-Bee6 months agoReport

Lasic wouldn’t be a good option because I’m still in my teens, I’ll probably have to get it eventually though

• 6 months ago

Dont be anxious it will all be fine

• 6 months ago

dont think too much about it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.