How much advance notice does a school have to let you know about your child attending summer school?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • edward
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Report cards always came out a week after fathers day. On Friday we could come to pick them up or they will be mailed out on the following Monday. That gave us two weeks to register. I went every year in high school for classes i was taking next year

• 6 months ago

There's no rule for this. The school will only know, formally, that the student has to attend summer school once the semester closes and the final grades are in. They can't notify you of the need for summer school until all that happens. I've seen families be given only a day or two of notice between "the student formally got that F!" and summer school starting.

Was the F a surprise? The F shouldn't be a surprise. Normally, you've received report cards, had parent/teacher conferences or other opportunities to speak to the teachers, perhaps even had the option to have access to the student's real time grades online. If the F really was a surprise, contact the Principal of the school and talk over the situation, so you better understand what happened.

• 6 months ago

I can't imagine them not being on your case throughout the semester warning you to help your child with his or her homework before summer school was necessary. Unless it was a truancy issue. Many times it's a case of being able to bring their grades up or they have to repeat the class.

• 6 months ago

There is no world-wide law on that subject

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

When should a school let you know that your child has to attend summer school

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.