Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 6 months ago

Is there a portable battery bank that can power a laptop for a week or even a month?

An external battery pack that can power a laptop for a week or month on a single charge??

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Several solar panels connected to several deep cycle batteries will do the trick. But you'd need to be outside and probably need a trailer to move it around. That could be considered as portable power that'll last longer than a month so long as the panels get optimal sun light.

• 6 months ago

Portable? Only if you allow that term to include putting the whole battery backup system in an 18-wheeler trailer - and it would fill it up if you did.

You would do better with a small generator.

• 6 months ago

Enough deep-cycle batteries in parallel can last a very long time, but you'll need additional equipment if you need to convert 12V DC to 18V DC.

https://www.optimabatteries.com/en-us/bluetop-dual...

• 6 months ago

Sorry, that is a no.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

no. that owuld require a bank of battery storage.

• 6 months ago

May be,car battery.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The best way to make the battery last longer is to reduce the load on the battery. This is less of a question about batteries as much as it's a question about getting an ultraportable laptop... radios (like wifi or bluetooth) will burn your battery pretty fast as they emit at a constant power draw. You could use something like qualcomm Mirasol to remove the need for a backlight from the display...

Yeah, it's all about sizing down. You can easily make things ultra portable when you aren't drawing as much power.

• P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I suppose it's all relative to how much you plan on using the laptop, but laptops can use a considerable amount of power as such it's probably unrealistic for go for weeks unless you can pair it with a portable solar panel to trickle charge the battery when not in use. Look up "goal zero Yeti" batteries. You can get as big of a battery as you can carry and figure out how much use you can realistically get with your habits..

• 6 months ago

I don't think anyone makes anything like that. But you could yourself. Get an automotive AGM battery (I've seen them used for about $50).

A regular car battery would work too, but a 'deep cycle' battery would be better. AGM is a deep-cycle battery (meaning it's meant for running electrical appliances, not for starting a car, though it will do that). It can be operated in any position and it's maintenance free. It won't leak even if you were to bust it open with a sledge hammer. So you can mount it in the trunk of a car and not worry about it.

For some laptops you can find a 12v battery charger meant to be plugged into an accessory socket in a car. Otherwise you could use a regular 110v battery charger, like you'd use for a car battery.

Alternatively, if you want to get fancy, you could build your own battery bank of 18650 batteries--the same kind of cells that are in your laptop's own battery. Banks of 18650s are used in everything from portable power supplies to laptops to electric bicycles to electric cars! But it will take some research and also some 'engineering' skill to calculate how many watt-hours you need, and so forth.

• 6 months ago

One of those portable car chargers that you carry around weighs about 15 lb might be able to do that but if it was me I'd invest $100 in a solar panel! that way all you have to do is put the solar panel out plug in the laptop use it and be charging at the same time.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.