What is your position on “Banning all consumption of alcoholic drinks” where you live?

People who want it will get it. Heroine is illegal but people can still get that crap and other illegal drugs.

Didn't work in the 1920s. won't work in 2020.

• Clive

Never mind where I live, just look at when the USA tried it. The trouble is it's far too easy to brew up something alcoholic - in fact it's hard to stop it. If you have an open carton of fruit juice, not refrigerated, after a few weeks I guarantee you natural yeasts in the air will get in and ferment the sugar. This happened to me in prison with a carton of orange juice I didn't get round to drinking in time... it got fermenting and by the time I got round to drinking it, I found I'd accidentally made a screwdriver.

Prohibition in 1920 only resulted in a rise in organised crime to supply alcohol, and Californian vineyards selling grape juice marked "WARNING: WILL FERMENT AND TURN TO ALCOHOL" together with instructions on what not to do. It just totally failed and was repealed 14 years later. So why would anyone seriously try that again?

• GB

It would not bother me if there was such a law, because I chose never to drink alcohol.

"Honey... Honey.. Pack our bags... We Are Moving"

What's with all the prohibition questions lately?

No one's ever suggested it so I don't have a “position”.

• oikoσ

Thanks. I needed a good laugh. It would never fly.

That was tried, it didn't work, read up on your history

yes ban them it causes car accidents