What is your position on “Banning all consumption of alcoholic drinks” where you live?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

People who want it will get it. Heroine is illegal but people can still get that crap and other illegal drugs.

• 6 months ago

Didn't work in the 1920s. won't work in 2020.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Never mind where I live, just look at when the USA tried it. The trouble is it's far too easy to brew up something alcoholic - in fact it's hard to stop it. If you have an open carton of fruit juice, not refrigerated, after a few weeks I guarantee you natural yeasts in the air will get in and ferment the sugar. This happened to me in prison with a carton of orange juice I didn't get round to drinking in time... it got fermenting and by the time I got round to drinking it, I found I'd accidentally made a screwdriver.

Prohibition in 1920 only resulted in a rise in organised crime to supply alcohol, and Californian vineyards selling grape juice marked "WARNING: WILL FERMENT AND TURN TO ALCOHOL" together with instructions on what not to do. It just totally failed and was repealed 14 years later. So why would anyone seriously try that again?

• GB
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

It would not bother me if there was such a law, because I chose never to drink alcohol.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

"Honey... Honey.. Pack our bags... We Are Moving"

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

What's with all the prohibition questions lately?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No one's ever suggested it so I don't have a “position”.

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Thanks. I needed a good laugh. It would never fly.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

That was tried, it didn't work, read up on your history

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

yes ban them it causes car accidents

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.