Why do people love watching football (soccer)? it's soo boring af?

• jimmy
    Favorite Answer

LOL. I feel the same way about watching American football. I've tried to watch the stupid bowl, I mean the super bowl. Two hours of boredom and it's only half time. How can Americans watch 4 hours of that sh!t?

• Axiom

Its not called 'Soccer'. Only Yanks consider picking a ball up to be 'Football'. It's noticeable that the rest of the world can't be @r$ed with such boring $hit.

• I'm guessing it's cause the athleticism. When you can't touch the damn ball you really have to do some pretty cool stuff to get it in.

• AJ

Cuz when its on in the US, there really isn't anything else to watch

• We have 2,000+ Television Networks and all kinds of platforms to watch entertainment on. When exactly would there be nothing else to watch? This isn't the 1950's?

exciting seeing goals cause they are rare

I love soccer

I love soccer

• F

You do get some boring games, but mostly it's alot more exciting then (American) football, the stops every 5 seconds.However both are way behind tennis , golf, and formula 1 in the boring stakes.

Didn't you already ask this? https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190... Even picked my response as Best Answer.

Retardretardretard

One reason: Expectation. Fans like to see the ball make contact with the back of the net. And from my experience, they also like to see the goalkeeper make saves. Again this is just one reason. There are many reasons people love watching soccer. I felt the same way about tennis. I didn't understand why anyone would watch it. But when I learned the rules and became familiar with the players, it instantly became way more interesting. So another reason would be if you know even a little bit of the rules (of soccer) you're more engaged with what's going on. But these are only a couple reasons; there are many reasons. :)

That's why they have so many fights in the stands...but if your team scores the goal, it's pretty exciting.

It's hard to get excited about any sport where the over/under is 1.