Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 6 months ago

Did I get high off Buckley’s?

Yesterday I took two buckley’s daytime pills for a headache and nothing else. About 30 minutes after taking them I went to sleep and woke up feeling like I’m about to vomit and very light headed, and similar effects to marijuana. I slept it off and woke up today fine. Was that a high?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

    I am going to give you my personal opinion on what happened you ate or you drank something that gave you a case of food poisoning it's so you got a headache which were the first symptoms so you took some pills to get rid of the headache and you went to sleep while you were sleeping the bacteria grow in your stomach and when you woke up you were light headed and ready to throw up because the bacteria had grown in your stomach it wasn't the pills that you took that made you high you ate something or you drank something that gave you a mild case of food poisoning. Then went to sleep when the pain went away. And you woke up dizzy and sick. Now one of the best cures to get rid of food poisoning is to drink pickle juice! That puts a quick end to most food poisoning bacteria and it usually make you vomit rather quickly thus avoiding the nasty headache and the nausea

  • sasha
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

    It was not a high, it was a reaction. Lightheaded doesn't mean high, it usually means a drop in blood pressure.

  • 6 months ago

    It's acetaminophen (Tylenol) for pain and fever, dextromethorphan (DXM) to suppress coughs, and pseudoephedrine (Sudafed) for congestion, a very common cold medicine combo. Sudafed in particular kicks me up a notch like too much coffee.

    I never take DXM products myself but your symptoms are among the possible side effects.

    Source(s): Medline Plus: "Dextromethorphan" https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682492.html
  • 6 months ago

    I looked up the medicine you took and based off of what your saying happened, it's a little concerning what I found. Going on their official website I copied and pasted a Liver Warning statement that is very close to what you described:

    "Severe or possibly fatal liver damage may occur if you take: more than the recommended dose in 24 hours, with other drugs containing acetaminophen, while drinking 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day. Symptoms of liver damage may include: yellowing of skin/eyes, dark urine, sweating, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, unusual tiredness, and/or loss of appetite."

    Symptoms of Liver Damage includes nausea, vomiting, unusual tiredness. Those specific symptoms that you've said you experienced.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.