How was it knowing that you could never go to the college/university of your dreams? How did your life turn out?

It turned out fine and college goes by so fast honestly.

I wasn't allowed to apply to "the college of my dreams" (my parents had issues with its location) and I didn't get into my top choice, either, but my life has turned out fine. I had great friends, interesting classes and a good college experience (and I met my husband there). In retrospect, I wish I had applied to some other schools, but there were no free college applications back then, so I was limited to three schools (as were most people I knew).

• John

In high school, I was always focused on a specific career, rather than a specific college.

I didn't have a college of my dreams.

I went to a community college for two years to save money, then applied to and was accepted at a four year college where I completed my degree.

My life has turned out very well. I've had a variety of jobs that I have enjoyed.

I never had a college of my dreams. I wasn't really thinking about it.

No idea. I got accepted by my first choice. But then again, I wasn’t aiming too high like an Ivy League school. I just aimed for a top 25 just to show up someone in my grade.

I never wanted to go to college or university.

I am in the career that I want to do, making more money and doing less work than pretty much anyone with a bachelors or masters and far ahead in life at my age than most people with a doctorate.