Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 6 months ago

I got a traffic infraction for not having my license with me. I did buy the car and had the title signed over to me. q?

The ticket says my name at the top but list the registered owner as the person I bought it from and given the title,

Would that ticket only be made to me and my responsibility? Will the registered owner get the ticket? I'm wondering if they would send any letters out since it is a simple infraction.

They also had no reason to stop me other than just reading my registration. Didn't commit any crimes or traffic violations other than not having my license,

Definitely should've not forgotten my License, it was stupid and a learning lesson for me. I didn't get the car towed or anything the let me drive it back home, and watch me park but still gave me the infraction, which was RCW 46.20.015 - driving without a license

Update:

I got a traffic infraction for not having my license with me. I did buy the car and had the title signed over to me.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • g
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You were cited for a violation which will only effect your personal driving record, not that of the vehicle or current registered owner.

The seller of the vehicle will in no way be effected.

• Yaboii6 months agoReport

Thank you for not judging me and reading the question clearly. I messed up and it was a rookie mistake, maybe beyond that. Just was looking for answers so that I may make sure the person who gave me my car isn't affected

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Nope, the seller doesn't get no ticket. Just you.

The charge is driving without having your physical licence card with you. It's one of the smallest charges in the book, not the crime of the century.

Thank you for pointing out multiple times that you had the title signed over to you at the time, even though it completely doesn't matter. And thank you for pretending that cops need some sort of approved reason for initiating a traffic stop on public roads, even though they don't. A cop can stop a vehicle just to make sure all the paperwork is in order, and any judge will accept that reason as valid.

• May
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

The owner may get a ticket for allowing a unlicensed person to drive his car.

• 6 months ago

I have been stopped several times without drivers license on me- I simply tell officers drivers license numbers to be checked and always have been let go after couple minutes check time. also don't have to take drunk test since I give prompt correct drivers license number. warning ticket on tail light- replace and stop by station to get signed off, mail to clerk of court. Depends on state law and if you have your drivers licensed memorized

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

You got lucky - they could've cited you for not having the car registered in your name.

Pay the ticket, get it registered, get it insured - and keep all three pieces of documentation with you when you drive.

Thank you for not judging me and reading the question clearly. I messed up and it was a rookie mistake, maybe beyond that. Just was looking for answers so that I may make sure the person who gave me my car isn't affected

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It's your responsibility dumbass because the LAW says you are supposed to have your license with you whenever you drive. The person you bought the car from bears no responsibility for you breaking the law.

FAIL.

• ...Show all comments

Im sure you've done SOMETHING, maybe not forget your license but im sure you've gotten in trouble with the law whether minor or not. so do me a favor and be nice cause karma is a *****

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You get the ticket.......

Having the signed title means nothing.

• ...Show all comments

• Ron
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

One has nothing to do with the other. You got a ticket for no license. The former owner will get nothing

• Eva
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You're lucky you didn't also get a ticket for having an unregistered vehicle. Simply having the title isn't enough. You need to go to the DMV and get the registration and plates in your name. The ticket is your responsibility.

• 6 months ago

It doesn’t matter who owned the car. You were ticketed for driving WITHOUT a license. The title is not involved.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.