Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 6 months ago

How do I apply for asylum in the USA?

I m 24 from India and I don't like being here at all, my life is complete hell and extremely depressed and agony.

I hate it so much, I don't like my parents at all, I don't like this place,

I have heard the news that so many people come to the USA every day year to seek asylum there not from war countries but from poor countries, and there are so many

The USA is my most desired country from all developed nations, since when I was a kid, but there was no hope for me ever to ever get there, only highly intelligent and wealthy people able to get there from my country,

I m so confused about life, I don't like being alive, I hate my parents because they are very unsupportive and no caring, I don't like living with them at all,

I want to start a new life in a newly developed country in the USA, I wish I could get there somehow anyhow and do blue color jobs and make my life normal from there, but it also seems impossible for me, because my life condition is total on the rock, I don't even have money, and It is impossible to get any visa like this,

I wish my parents were wealthy like other Indians who go to study and job there, but nothing it is completely opposite,

my family is also doomed, no one is doing well, my brother, father and I, I m so afraid, and they all are angry on me, and abuse and curse me, my mental state is crumbling, soo much mental pressure,

I m not sure I would be alive within a few months or not, this is going on for years now, nothing is in favor of me,

no one from my family has ever achieved a better life, I have a dream to achieve it in a developed country of my desire USA

• Foofa

First you'll need to do something that's legal in the US but illegal in India that rises to the level where the government would begin persecuting you. Then you'd gather proof of this and visit one of the five US Consulates in India to plead your case.

"It's time for ordinary Americans to come out of the shadows and remind Washington every day in words and actions that we are a sovereign nation, not a sanctuary nation."

Michelle Malkin

You have no valid reason to claim asylum anywhere; not liking your parents or your country doesn't qualify you for asylum.

You go your entire life without admitting that you merely "don't like" where you are. You have to consistently maintain that it is dangerous for you there and that you have to leave. Simply by posing this question online, you may have lost whatever chance you might have had.

• Lisa A

Not liking where you are is not a qualification for asylum anywhere.

You do not qualify for asylum in the USA:

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum...

• Ian

There is a huge number of better countries to live in than the USA.

That is not good enough reason, so please do not bother.

1. Indian citizens are not eligible for asylum anywhere.

2. US is not the nearest border, and an asylum applicant must be fleeing imminent danger of persecution by their govt at the nearest safe border.

You'll have to go through Mexico.