Katie asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 5 months ago

Am I autistic?

Every since I was 10 I've had problems communicating with other people, I was always very quiet, never knew what to say, felt awkward 24/7. Now I am in like early 20's and I am better I would say, but, let me give you an example.

let's say there's a conversation with 4 people and I am 1. Everyone's chatting amongst each other but for some reason I can not jump in the conversation. I just can NOT figure out what to say or how to get involved in the convo so i just sit by quietly and nod or laugh.

Now if I'm having a one on one, or a convo with a friend I am able to talk freely and Express myself. But if its 2 or more people OR someone I don't know very well I just have problems figuring out what to say.

Thoughts?

• Foofa

It's never too late to get yourself assessed. So go do that.

A lot of other issues are included with autism, many that have nothing to do with communication (but could impact it). You will need to see a doctor to find out what you're hoping to find out. Very specific learning and processing issues are present in people on the autism spectrum.

You have to be DIAGNOSED with it first.

You gotta be DIAGNOSED.