How do I transfer my HUD Section 8 voucher to another state?

7 Answers

  • 5 months ago

    I transfer my HUD Section 8 voucher to another state

  • 5 months ago

    It's not transferable. HUD is only the umbrella agency. Each individual housing authority has its own waiting list. You apply in the place you want to move to.

  • Flower
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    You request a portable voucher from your Housing Authority in your county and find out if the new county and state will accept (absorb) it. Sometimes they wont accept it. However, if the rents are pretty much in line with where you are now or lower, they will be more inclined to take your voucher if your current Housing Authority pays the rent in the new location.

  • 5 months ago

    You may not be able to. The state you want to port to has to accept it. You need to speak to your worker to see if this is an option or not.

    I would be surprised if Clark County in NV would accept the transfer. Vegas is a very over populated area. They may not even be taking any new applications. Most metro areas aren't.

    Porting is not as simple as asking for it either. There has to be a legitimate reason to move there. I want to move is not going to cut it.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    Your caseworker can give you accurate information.

  • 5 months ago

    You contact the agency that administers yours to see if you can port it out. Then you contact the county you are moving to in order to see if it can be ported in.

  • 5 months ago

    I want to move from California to Las Vegas Nevada I'm a disabled veteran and I have a hudvoucher

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.